Thursday 21 October 2010

Nice Animation- StraBe Der Spezialisten

Today my supervisor Andy show me a fantasitic animation named " straBe der spezialisten" by studio soi. It is incredible that visual style I have never seen before. It is divided into three parts on a line in the screen.


The animation begins at the left side and end at the right side.


During the whole film, the maker sometimes uses all of three images at the same time and sometimes maybe just one or two which are used for promoting the development of drama. The reason why I impressed on it so deeply is I can appreciate the movie more comprehensive.


From the picture above, while the role striking matches, we can not only understand the atmosphere when story happened but also feel his complicated moods at that time through specific action. I have watched it three times and each time I had different experiences. In my opinion this film is worth for watching many times as every time you will focus on different images connecting to another obviously you would have a different understandying about it each time.


It is a good example on my research Visual Language and according to Visual Syntactic Structures by Neil Cohn, McCloud indentified six types of " panel- to- panel" transitions:

1. Action to action

2. Moment to moment

3. Subject to subject

4. Scene to scene

5. Aspect to aspect

6. No- Sequitur


Apparently the maker combine all of them in one aniamtion. It is fabulous. Moreover the character is made by cartoon materials whereas the scenes are three dimentional which has a stronger contrast. It makes the images more powerful.


Reference:

Cohn, N. (2003). Visual Syntactic Structures.

http://www.emaki.net

No comments:

Post a Comment