Tuesday 23 November 2010

Some new understanding about Camera Angles

Today Andrew suggested me that I can put "Cinematography" into my project and I collected some of its information. Then I found I had some misunderstanding on Camera Angles in the past which is an important element in Cinematography.


Previously I thought audience viewpoint is controlled by cameral angle and the area covered in the shot is determined by cameral distance which are two different things. However, according to Mascelli, J. V. (1965), the camera angle determines both audience viewpoint and area covered in the shot. 3D animation as a type of motion picture is made up of many shots. Each shot the camera will be moved to a new set-up and required to be placed in the best position at that particular moment in the narrative. So the next step I will learn and research on what are the best viewpoints for filming those different portions of the event and how much area should be included in each shot.

Reference:

Mascelli, J. V. (1965). The Five C's of Cinematography. The United States: Radstone Publications.

No comments:

Post a Comment